Monday, May 11, 2009

The Brothers Lumiere

Although difficult to locate the entire film, I got a good gist of the film through various video clips available online. Honestly, It isn’t easy to see why this was such a monumental film after seeing movies chock full of special effects but it is supposedly one of the first films ever made. I also found myself losing interest relatively quickly because I consider myself a movie person, I never usually stop watching a movie half way through but it could have been the music or the black and white shots but it was cute. I liked how they filmed everyday things. And even though they were filming these fairly routine activities, they used wonderful backdrops of exotic cities: Moscow, New York, Paris, and I think even Jerusalem. I suppose this was one of the first films to shoot on location. It was funny too, maybe the original Charlie Chaplin?

No comments:

Post a Comment