Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13- Journal

Today I really thought about the elements that compose a movie. When I began to deconstruct films, I really realized that I never was watching a movie with all components. I never considered the types of narration in the film and the differences between narration and narrative. It seems so simple for a movie to center around a desire of character. Things like the appointment and deadlines are so obvious yet I never considered them. I know now that I can never watch a movie without considering narrative expectations. Plot and story are so much more then what actually happens and how sequences are just actually part of the plot. Time manipulation is such an important aspect. I never really thought that it could play such a large character in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment